Rosary Run Weekend Update

From: "King to Queen Rosary Run Parish Update" <hooper@PROTECTED>
Subject: Rosary Run Weekend Update
Date: September 12th 2017

Dear Friends of the Rosary Run,

It's hard to believe, but we are only 3 weeks away from the big event! We thank all parishes who have been advertising this regional celebration of faith, family, and fun in your bulletins these last weeks. We've tried not to clutter your inboxes with requests, but we do need to enlist your help in this final run-up to the event.

Here's a recap of our plans for the weekend.

Friday, October 6 - Raymond de Souza, KM a prominent author and writer will be speaking in the church on "Fatima, the Five First Saturdays Devotion, and the Rosary." Admission is free. Donations accepted. A free reception and Great Cookie Sale Preview to follow in the hall. All are welcome!

Saturday, October 7 @ 8 am - The King to Queen Rosary Run and "Hungarian Fun Run" begins. Runners/Walkers are requested to register by September 18 to get early bird rates. Races begin at the Old Cathedral Basilica near the Arch (the King) and winds south to St. Mary of Victories (the Queen of the Rosary). People can register as "Spirit Runners" and get just the t-shirt at a reduced price. Spectators are encouraged to join us at "St. Joseph Evangelization Network Icon Alley," located at 3rd and Chouteau to display their favorite images of Mary and Jesus and cheer on the runners. At 9:30, from Icon Alley there will be a procession into the finish line with our 4' Statue of Mary and Jesus on a platform, led by a bagpiper, the Knights of Columbus, and Mr. de Sousa, our altar boys, and those with icons. Flower petals will be provided to throw and celebrate this special day. All servers in the Diocese are welcome to join this honor guard for Mary (bring your server attire and vest in our side chapel). Let's make this a grand display of faith for St. Louis to see! The procession ends at the finish line with a blessing of the icons.

All registered participants receive a t-shirt, a medal, and a "swag bag" from FOCUS full of goodies from local ministries, including a booklet from Fr. Donald Calloway, MIC.

At 10:30 am, the Victory Festival begins. Barbecue pulled pork, Hungarian Sausages, Ice Cream, Philadelphia Water Ice, Games for the Kids, Clowns, and Free Balloon Animals for all. Also, don't miss out on vendor tables, and the Second Annual Great Cookie Sale Featuring cookies from area bakeries and our parishioners. (If you'd like to donate cookies, please let Jim H. know at 618-741-9308). Live music includes the Fishpot Creek Band, the Chris Talley Trio, and Russ Anderson!

Ample secure parking and shuttles will be provided all day. No worries about walking long distances!

Sunday, 9 am and 11 am, make it an impromptu "Mass Mob" by joining us for either the 9 am or the 11 am Masses - we will be celebrating the Feast of Our Lady of the Rosary, our patronal feast day. The 9 am is the only ordinary form Mass in St. Louis with Latin, Traditional Options, and Gregorian Chant. The 11 am is an English ordinary form Mass with a touch of Hungarian.

We hope to see all of you there at this huge event for our little church. Let's make it a regional statement of Faith, Family, and Fun - a public display of our Catholicity.

We are looking for volunteers who may want to help with both the race and the festival. Short shifts are available. Contact Jim Hooper at 618-741-9308 for more information.

Find out more about the race and register by September 18 at RosaryRun.com.

We have included a short bulletin blurb at the bottom if you are able to share this in your bulletins this weekend and next. We greatly appreciate it!

Thank you!

In the Hearts of Jesus and Mary,

James Hooper, OHT
Director of Communications
St. Mary of Victories Catholic Church
OurLadyWins.com

Bulletin Blurb

King to Queen Rosary Run and Victory Festival
Join us on October 6-8 for a celebration of our 175th Birthday and the Feast of Our Lady of Victories (Our Lady of the Rosary)

7 pm October 6, Raymond De Sousa will be speaking in the church on Fatima and the Rosary. Free. Reception and COokie Sale Preview to follow.

8 am we will have a 5K Run and "Hungarian Fun Run". Register by September 18 for Early Bird Discounts. Spectators can bring their icons and statues of Mary to 3rd and Chouteau, "Icon Alley" to participate in a Marian procession into the finish line. Don't miss this rare opportunity!

At 10:30 am, join us for the family friendly Victory Festival - Live Music, Barbecue, Beer/Soda, Kid's Games, Clowns, Balloon Artists (free), and the Second Annual Great Cookie Sale Featuring area bakeries.

Ample parking and shuttles provided.

We are in need to volunteers (short shifts available) to help us make this a success. Call Jim H. at 618-741-9308 to volunteer.

Find out more at RosaryRun.com or call 314-293-8344

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

This is a mailing list to update parishes on the King to Queen Rosary Run.

Privacy Policy:

No information will be shared or sold from this list.